top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Here you'll find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about my services and practice.

Do you accept insurance?

I do not accept health insurance and work with clients through a private pay model. There are several reasons for this. First, private pay further protects your privacy as no information regarding our work together is added to your electronic medical record. Additionally, use of insurance requires that clients are provided with a diagnosis, which is not appropriate for all clients. Finally, I believe that working outside of the health insurance system allows us to approach our work together from a more holistic  and individualized approach. In short, I work for my clients, not their insurance companies.


What are your rates?

My standard rate is $150 per hour for most services. I also hold a pro-bono space and several sliding-scale spaces, though these services must be requested and there may be a wait list. My sliding scale fee schedule is available upon request.


What is the difference between individual counseling and psychedelic integration?

Though these services are similar, there are important differences. Counseling is intended to treat or  otherwise work withthose individuals who meet DSM-5 criteria for a mental disorder and is therefore requires a state-issued license. Psychedelic integration may involve some similar approaches and processes, but is not a treatment for mental disorders.


Do you offer psychedelic-assisted therapy using MDMA or psilocybin (mushrooms)?

I am not able to provide PAT using these drugs.

While psychedelic-assisted therapy using MDMA and psilocybin are on their way to becoming FDA approved treatments, neither is able to be legally accessed in the United States outside of clinical research studies, though there are legal retreats in other countries. Unfortunately, I am neither a part of or able to refer directly to these studies or international retreat centers.


For more information about getting involved in research as a participant, see: John's Hopkins Research Page or MAPS Research Page and

bottom of page